Gain practical coaching experience whilst you study | Funded qualifications | Extra UCAS points | Potential exit routes into employment
The TSC Coaching Academy is an opportunity for students to gain practical experience and qualify as a coach as part of their studies.
Students will work alongside the TSC coaching staff as part of their academic studies for a number of hours per week. They will gain practical experience working with students in the local primary school and will be mentored by the TSC coaching staff as well as experienced PE teachers from the school.
As well as this, each student will study their Sports Leaders Level 3 qualification, which rewards the students with UCAS points. All students also receive a budget of £200 to be spent on attending coaching courses in the sport of their interest. These students will leave school as a qualified coach with 2 years of practical experience to help them in their next steps.
This popular programme is for students with an interest in coaching any sport, this may be as part of a future career or simply as one of their passions. Some of our students are looking to move into PE teaching, using their qualifications for jobs whilst at university, whereas some of the students are now working for TSC since leaving school.
All students who apply will be invited to attend a session with the TSC coaches as part of the application process.
Please click below to register your interest in the programme.
Benefits of the Programme
- Opportunity to gain practical experience of coaching children
- Opportunity to learn from current full time TSC coaching staff
- They will receive visits from outside organisations and speakers to help with their coaching journey
- They will complete the Sports Leaders Level 3 Qualification which will earn UCAS points
- They will receive a fund of up to £200 in their second year to complete an NGB coaching qualification of their choice.
- Voluntary coaching hours for their CV which can help with job and university applications.
- Employment with TSC/Schools – For students who want to immediately pursue a career in sports coaching there may be the opportunity of employment with TSC after they finish their studies. They may also be able to gain employment within schools due to their CV and experience.
- University – For those who are applying for University, they will be able to boast on their CV about the amount of voluntary hours they have performed as well as the coaching qualifications they have gained. This would hopefully give them an advantage over other applicants.
- Apprenticeships/traineeships – For students who are looking to go into an apprenticeship/traineeship, they should have a great chance due to their boosted CV. They will have recognised qualifications as well as showing their history of volunteering and experience in coaching.